Do you suspect you suffer from bruxism? If you are not familiar with bruxism, it is a common but potentially serious condition marked by the unconscious grinding of your teeth and typically occurs while you are asleep. This can make receiving a diagnosis difficult if you don’t see a dentist.
If you are experiencing signs of bruxism or worry you may be at risk, we have provided a list of common bruxism risk factors and symptoms to know:
– Your risk of bruxism can increase if you struggle with certain oral health disorders, such as sleep apnea.
– A persistent or recurring feeling of muscle soreness along the jaw or face is an indication that you should check with your dentist to determine if you have bruxism.
– Though it may not be a guarantee of developing bruxism, a preexisting jaw or facial pain disorder such as TMD can increase your risk of bruxism.
– A telltale sign of bruxism is having dull or flat teeth, issues with the jaw locking up, heightened tooth sensitivity, or muscle soreness in the jaw.
– Gum tissue that is sore, bruised, or looks chewed may be suffering from bruxism.
For an oral examination from our dentists, Drs. Higham and Sauchelli, to determine if you need bruxism treatment in Jupiter, Florida, contact our practice at 561-746-8095 today. We will be happy to provide the services you need today!